PLEASE NOTE: The deadline for senior pictures has been extended to Friday, December 13, 2019.
The goal of the Spartan Yearbook staff is to highlight the school’s seniors in this, their final year of high school. Therefore, it is important that the photo submitted to the yearbook for them should have the student’s face be the focus of the picture.
We appreciate your support of the following requirements for senior pictures to be included in the senior portrait section of the AWCPA Yearbook. It is not required to have an outside professional photo company take your senior portrait. The school had school pictures taken at the beginning of the school year that can be used in our yearbook. If a student does not submit a photo, or the submitted photo does not meet the outlined specifications below, the photo taken at the beginning of the year by the school photographer will be used.
Free Senior Portrait Session
Another option offered to AWCPA Seniors is a FREE Senior Photo Portrait Session hosted by the AWCPA Yearbook staff. These sessions are free, but if you would like to order prints, they will be available for purchase at a reduced, special rate available only to AWCPA seniors. Please contact Mr. Raymond, the Yearbook Advisor if you’re interested in scheduling a session and the yearbook staff will do its best to accommodate you.
Each senior is to submit one (1) color picture in .jpg or .jpeg format that meets the following guidelines:
- Resolution: Must be 300 dpi (ppi) or greater.
- Image Size: 2.5 inches wide by 3.5 inches tall.
- The photo should be in full color - no sepia or other coloring effects should be used.
- The photo should be in sharp focus; no “fuzzy/out of focus” shots will be accepted.
- The photo may be a “head and shoulders” shot or a “full body” photo. No hand gestures will be allowed.
- Photo should not be a “selfie” or a photo taken from a phone camera.
- Student appearance and clothing worn should meet school dress code. Costumes (which includes, but is not limited to cap and gown) are not permitted. School sport or band uniforms will be allowed.
- Photos should not include hats or other head coverings per school dress code.
- Modest makeup is allowed.
- Minimal jewelry and hair accessories are allowed but must not detract focus away from the face.
- The photo should only include the senior; no other people should be included in the photo.
- The photo should have no text or graphics stamped on picture such as name or year of graduation.
- The photo must not contain any watermarks (e.g., photographer proof marks).
- Hard copy submissions will be accepted. Hard copies should be delivered to Mr. Raymond in room 112 by November 15th.
- Students are expected to check their school email for details or any concerns/adjustments needed on their submitted photo.
- Final decisions regarding inclusion of the photo in the yearbook will be limited to the Yearbook Adviser, School Principal and School Assistant Principal. Parental appeals to the decision must be submitted by Friday, December 13, 2019.
- Late pictures (defined as any picture turned in after 12:00 p.m. [noon] on Friday, December 13, 2019) will be accepted after that date, but will incur a $20.00 late charge. Absolutely no pictures will be accepted after 12:00 p.m. (noon) on December 13, 2019.
- For seniors who do not submit a yearbook photo, their school picture will be used, if appropriate.
To Submit Your Photo
Submit senior yearbook pictures via the Yearbook Senior Picture Upload Form at: https://forms.gle/CngeEaHfjDyPa58NA. Students are highly encouraged to double-check the spelling of their name with Mr. Raymond in room 112 prior to December 13, 2019.
Students may choose any photography studio to have their pictures taken. It is the responsibility of the student and/or parent/guardian to make sure that the picture submitted meets all of the above our requirements in order to be included in the senior portrait section. Photos that do not meet the above criteria will not be used.
AWCPA Yearbook staff members and advisor are not responsible for any photo edits that may be needed on submitted pictures in order to meet stated rules for acceptance. The staff and advisor reserve the right to crop pictures for space and content.